Stuart had been with the club since its start as ‘Worcester Joggers’, supporting hundreds of members over the years with his Sunday morning marathon training, leading groups on club nights and convincing many into running their first marathon; himself completing his 100th marathon at Snowdonia in October 2012.
Stuart Wild sadly passed away on Friday, 1st March 2013 while out walking with his wife Sian Wild.
Stuart was a true inspiration and will be sadly missed by all of us.
Snowdonia 2012 marked Stuart’s entry into the 100 Marathon Club, having completed 100 marathons since 1990. The Black Pears had a celebration to mark the occasion and to pay their respects for the support he has given.
Here are some interesting statistics from the 100 marathons:
- Total time running: 23 days, 8 hours, 11 minutes and 12 seconds
- Most popular marathons: Snowdonia and London (11 times each), followed by Wolverhampton and Stratford (8 times each)
- Road marathons completed: 77
- Trail marathons completed: 17
- Trail ultra marathons completed: 6
- Fastest marathon: Potteries 1997 (3hrs, 46mins, 47secs)
- Longest marathon: Caerphilly Summits 2007 (32 Mile Trail Ultra) (11hrs, 56mins)
- Busiest year: 2011 (16 marathons completed with 4 days, 36mins and 45 seconds of running)
View the Full List of the 100 Marathons.