Our club runs
So you're interested in joining Worcester's friendly running club? Read on to find out what Black Pear Joggers offer. You can come along for up to 3 sessions with no commitment to join. Then if you enjoy it, you can become a member.
Run for fun
It is a very friendly club, there are a good mix of non-competitive and competitive members. During runs, members are expected to ‘muster’, which basically means running back to pick up the runners at the back, so you don’t have to worry about being left behind.
You can change groups whenever you feel like it, there is no pressure for members to enter races or move up groups.
Many stay after runs for a drink at the cricket club and social events are organised throughout the year, including a legendary Christmas party.
New to running?
On most club nights we have a jog/walk group that does a mixture of running and walking for around 3 miles. If that seems a little ambitious then we do run the 9-week Couch to 5K programme. Led by friendly qualified run leaders, you’ll build up your confidence over the weeks to be able to run 5K and beyond.
Benefits of joining Black Pear Joggers
Here's a selection of some of the reasons that you should become a member with BPJ.
- Running in a friendly atmosphere
- Running with others in safety
- Running with company most days of the week
- Running with others of similar abilities
- Support and tips from experienced runners
- Great club camaraderie
- Mental health benefits
- Chance to meet new people
- Come to club social events
- Join the active Facebook group
- Running in club kit
- Attend parkrun tours
- Take part in Magic Mile events
- Certificates for improving in races
- Organised talks by experts