There is no denying that fantastic work has been achieved by the Race for life runs, moonwalks and other events specifically aimed at tackling Women’s Health issues.
Soon though it will be the annual Movember charity initiative; the encouragement to grow moustaches during November as a way of boosting funds for Men’s Health, raising awareness and promoting a healthy lifestyle.
The Movember community has funded over a 1000 global men’s health projects since its inception…
…but you don’t have to be a Superhero, in fact all you need to do is:
1) Register for Movember 2015 and grow a “Mo” (or encourage your man to grow one).
2) You could donate to Movember or perhaps sponsor someone from the BPJ’s or indeed a family member/friend?
3) You could come along to a Movember Party at Popes Brewing Company, Unit 73a, Blackpole Trading Estate West, WR38ZJ on Fri 20th November 2015 from 6pm onwards. Runners and friends of the BPJ’s are invited – there will be award winning ales, great beers, a decent raffle and live music. Popes will also have their Pizza Oven ready; so what’s not to like – beer at £2 and homemade pizza!
There will also be ciders to try from the Barbourne Cider Company as well as soft drinks. It is a charity night so there will be a few collection tins around for your loose change.
4) If you fancy it there is a Movember 5K or 10K at Sutton Park, B’ham on Sat 21st November – the morning after the party. These runs are not just for male runners; ladies can enter these events as long as they have a stuck on Mo (or drawn on).
Extract from the MoRun Birmingham website:
The 5k MoRun Birmingham will start at 10am and the 10k at 10.10am. Registration will be open from 8.30am and will close at 9.45am so please arrive nice and early. The registration is near the Visitors Centre, via Town Gate. Marshals will be here to guide you to the event hub.
The postcode for Sutton Park is B73 6LH which is for the Visitors Centre, via Town Gate.
5) There are other MoRuns around the UK during November (but as always entries are limited)
Alternative Mo Runs 2015: https://www.mo-running.com/locations
6) So join in the fun; if you haven’t grown a Mo before or donated to Movember then please consider it. Failing that come along to the party at Popes Brewing Company on Fri 20th Movember?
Keith & Steve