There were some fantastic personal achievements such as:
- Paul Childs, first BPJ home, finishing in 2hrs 47mins, 470th out of nearly 36,000 runners
- Nick Hooper finishing under 3hrs and 136th in his age category
- Bethan Stimson and Leonardo Taggio finishing despite troublesome injuries
- Dan Cale breaking his target time of sub 4hrs
- Jan McNelis (44th) and Maggie Atherton (17th) with great age category places
- Teri Thompson and Sue Shacklock first female BPJ finishers with great age category places (200th and 201st)
- Many new PBs despite the hot weather and crowds
Well done everyone, whether it was 2hrs or 6hrs, completing a marathon is a huge achievement.
The race saw marathon world-record holder Wilson Kipsang set a new course record of 02:04:29, a pace of 4:44.8 per mile! Also, legendary British runner Mo Farah stepped up to complete his first marathon, finishing just outside the British record in 02:08:21.
The 2015 London Marathon will take place on April 26th 2015. The ballot to enter will open on their website April 22nd 2014, but be quick as the ballot closed in less than 12 hours last year. As it is a ballot, you are not guaranteed a place; there are other options to enter such as getting a good for age time as well as many charities offering places if you are willing to raise money for them (usually around £1500-2000).
Black Pear Joggers at London Marathon 2014
|Place gender||Place category||Name||Runner no||Category||Half||Finish time|
|11247||8838||4468||Cale, Dan James||6526||18-39||01:52:22||03:58:06|
|17655||4603||2730||Robinson, Nichola Clair||20069||18-39||02:04:30||04:24:38|