Black Pear Joggers, Maggs Day Centre and YSS would like to say a huge thank you to the following people for their help, support or donations for the 5th annual Wild One race which this year raised £1,926.91, which will be split between the charities Maggs Day Centre and YSS (Worcestershire Young Carers) and presented to them soon.
The event was a great day, the weather held up pretty well and the new venue at Old Elizabethans Cricket Club went down really well with everybody. We’re currently in the process of securing the venue/date for next year and will advertise it once confirmed.
We’ve tried to include everybody, but get in touch if you think we’ve missed you out:
- Ian Wild and Molly White for designing the fab medals
- Mark Owen for designing prize certificates
- Old Elizabethans Cricket Club especially Peter Boyle and Craig Monks for the use of their venue
- Sue Hicks at Aspen Vintage Events for providing the bananas
- Ian Wild and Startin Honda for providing the goodie bags
- Cliff Wood and Laylocks Garden centre for providing 3 lovely cakes
- Keith and Gareth Jones for the use of their Bouncy castle and disco Equipment
- Tracy and Mick Kennish-Ward for providing wine for fancy dress prizes
- Jason and Eleri Green for providing solo, pair and team prizes
- Baylis Vauxhall at Cheltenham and Worcester for helping save the day with our water containers
- Ravenmeadow golf club for giving all their golfers a heads up which made the day that little more special when they stopped to cheer runners on route.
- Dave Shacklock for Logistics and various jobs on the day including putting up with Claire for the months/weeks leading up to the event.
- All the course marshals that cheered and supported runners: Sarah Jane Martin from YSS, John and Sue Phillips from Maggs, Helen Burton, Mike Burton, Jess Hathaway, Grace Hathaway, Darren Fletcher, Sara Holloway, Nigel Scott, Stuart Leng, Liz Stacey
- The finish line and general race helpers: Eleri Green, Gary Burkes, Maggie Atherton
- Course marking: Mark Rose, Mark Dillon, Dave Shacklock
- Nick Eacock for getting stuck in and helping when needed.
- Chris Baigent-Reed for liaising with charities.
- Ewelina Skolimowska for providing Worcester sauce and cakes for the event.
- Thanks also goes out to people who did things to make our life easier and to help raise those extra pennies: Steve Jones, Sue Dillon
- Michelle Newell and her team from Worcester Parks and green space Worcester City Council
- Richard Warder for providing race adjudicating duties
- Peter Darwen for taking photos throughout the day
- All the runners that took part, dressed up and made the event a great atmosphere
Photos of the day can be found on the Flickr site.
Hope to see you all again next year.
Black Pear Joggers