Woohoo, we’ve done it.
We have agreed all the necessary information for our fun, multi lap marathon and can get advertising to the masses to try and increase numbers and our much needed and appreciated contributions to our nominated charities, Worcestershire Young Carers (YSS) and Maggs Day Centre).
We have a date – Sunday, 22nd July 2018
We have a venue – Old Elizabethans Cricket Club, Droitwich Road, Worcester, WR3 7SN (same as last year)
We know the course – 10 laps of off-road fun around a combination of grass, wooded trails and tarmac (2.62 miles per lap)
We have several event options:
- The Wild Mile
- Marathon solo – the full 26.2 on your own
- Marathon as a double act – in pairs… 26.2 between you
- Marathon as a team – teams of five as a relay event
And we even have a NEW event this year
- The Wild Ultra – 26.3 miles and above, so anything above 10 laps and in fact as many laps as you can do in 7 hours
What do you get?
- Bespoke medal and goody bag for all finishers. (Who can upstage last year’s design???)
Prizes will be awarded for:
- Fastest marathon times
- Best fancy dress
- Fastest lap
- Furthest Ultra…. to list but a few
Entry is £16 per person for affiliated runners (£18 unaffiliated). (There are no booking fees/charges for entering online.)
Wild Mile kid’s race entry is £3.50 (enter online or on the day).
get you diaries out, put the date in, form your teams (or fly solo), enter through Entry Central and watch this space for further announcements about the all important fancy dress theme decision.
It will definitely be one of these four:
- TV Characters
- Cops and Robbers
- Star Wars